The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) invites entries from Nigerian professional journalists or team of journalists, full-time or part-time, for the 14th edition of the Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting. The centre has introduced online application option for some categories of the award for this edition.
You may also check:
- Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) 2020 International Schools Essay Competition and Debate
- Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for study in South Korea
- Climate Change Media Partnership 2019 Reporting Fellowships (Fully Funded to Santiago, Chile)
The award, which is an annual programme of WSCIJ, seeks to honour journalism works with focus on public and or corporate corruption, human rights abuses, or failure of regulatory agencies, published or aired between 4th October 2018 and 3rd October 2019.
This year, applicants for the Television, Radio and Online categories of the award can put in their entries through an online application process. The other three categories requiring hard copy submission given the nature of entry processing, are the Print, Photography and Editorial cartoon.
Received entries will be collated using the award coding system and assessed by a panel of media experts and related professionals with good understanding of investigative reporting. The judges’ board would broadly score submitted stories based on quality of investigation, evidence, human rights elements, ethical reportage, courage, individual creativity, public interest, impact and quality of presentation.
The deadline for the submission of entries is Thursday, 24 October 2019 by 4pm.
All hardcopy entries must be submitted to the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism office, Second Floor, 18A Abiodun Sobajo Street, Off Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos. More details of the criteria for the call for entries can be found here.
You may also check:
- Enel Foundation Open Africa Power 2020 edition: Call for applications
- ARES Belgian Government Masters and Training Scholarships 2020/2021 for study in Belgium
- Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) One-Year Training Programme 2019/2020 in Modern and Sustainable Agriculture (Fully Funded)